Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess there are no fourth chances, huh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vienna View Post
    Let's not forget that this guy is acting this way because she is letting him and she chooses to go back to him despite past experience. There is a lot of bad behavior and no victims.
    Absolutely true! We're both guilty of bad behavior (X2, as animalcontrol also mentioned). I'll get an "F" on that report card, but promise myself to get all "A's" from now on. Thanks again, Vienna. You guys all rock!
    If you're going through hell, keep going. ~ Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Karine View Post
      Thanks, workinprogress (nice handle, by the way). Yes, I think I did lose a certain amount of self-respect by doing what I did. But I did it anyway because I was hoping he would turn out to be the man I wanted him to be, not the man he actually was. You gave me a very good nickel's worth!
      Glad it helped....sadly, I've been there, done that...oh...and more than one time...
      It was good for me to remember that though

Comment

Absolutely true! We're both guilty of bad behavior (X2, as animalcontrol also mentioned). I'll get an "F" on that report card, but promise myself to get all "A's" from now on. Thanks again, Vienna. You guys all rock!
        When you figure out how to get all A's let me know. I am still trying to figure it out. Its great to see you are receptive to everyone's advice. Most people here will give you the truth and that can be difficult to come by but will get you moving in the direction you need to go.

V

Comment

Well I see I am behind as usual, but I was thinking that if this guy wanted 'a relationship' with you he would have done that long ago. Put him out on the curb

Comment

Originally posted by A OK View Post
            Well I see I am behind as usual, but I was thinking that if this guy wanted 'a relationship' with you he would have done that long ago. Put him out on the curb
            Thanks, A OK. I know. It's so obvious that he's no longer into me, but I guess I just wanted it to be the way it was. You can never go back... never, never, never... lol

I really appreciate all of the feedback here from you honest folks. That's why I joined!

Comment

Thanks, A OK. I know. It's so obvious that he's no longer into me, but I guess I just wanted it to be the way it was. You can never go back... never, never, never... lol
              Accepting that is the tricky part that tends to trip people up.

Comment

I'm guessing that if you look back at the way it really was you don't want that either, otherwise you would have stayed then. He's not going to change and neither are you. I've been where you are and did go back hoping I could recapture the way it was..Well I did recapture the way it was and didn't like it again and spent 3 yrs, hoping and wishing that it would be the way I thought it could have been from the beginning....which was really a fairy tale in my head...wasted a lot of time doing that..I think this is the few times that everyone here is in agreement, saying the same thing..don't do it..you will just waste your time and even get hurt again....getting over relationships when you're older takes longer than when you were younger...don't waste your time and emotions with this guy......go find a great guy, he's out there......
                Last edited by cjp; 05-09-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJP View Post
                  ....getting over relationships when you're older takes longer than when you were younger......
                  Not me, takes less time to get over stuff. Life is too short to be crushed for long!

Comment

Originally posted by CJP View Post
                    I'm guessing that if you look back at the way it really was you don't want that either, otherwise you would have stayed then. He's not going to change and neither are you. I've been where you are and did go back hoping I could recapture the way it was..Well I did recapture the way it was and didn't like it again and spent 3 yrs, hoping and wishing that it would be the way I thought it could have been from the beginning....which was really a fairy tale in my head...wasted a lot of time doing that..I think this is the few times that everyone here is in agreement, saying the same thing..don't do it..you will just waste your time and even get hurt again....getting over relationships when you're older takes longer than when you were younger...don't waste your time and emotions with this guy......go find a great guy, he's out there......
                    Well, CJP, you summed it up beautifully! Yup, that's what happened. And, nope, won't do it again. LOL Thanks!

K

Comment

Working...
                    X