Spotting a Gold Digger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting a Gold Digger

I noticed that in a different thread, mbxdad asked the following question about how to spot a woman with an agenda (or a bad personality trait):

"Curious - how long / how many dates does it take for you to discover they are a liar, or a gold digger, etc. etc.? Is this something you detect on the first meetup, or does it take a few dates or even longer?"

My answer to this question is - I think it is pretty easy to spot a gold digger ... because she will fairly quickly start asking questions about either your income, or your assets, or SOMETHING having to do with your finances. Or - it come in the form of where she wants you to take her - someplace EXPENSIVE ... when it is probably too soon for you to be spending a lot of money on her. You should see this in the first date or two, I'd say.

Liars take more work to figure out. I usually develop a "gut feel" about a woman - and nine times out of ten, my gut feel is dead on. Remember - there are big lies and small lies ... the big ones are the ones to really watch out for.

I had one girl ask me on the first phone call how much money I made. I don't think she was a golddigger because I told her how much it was and she still wanted to meet me. Of course I thought it was wierd so I declined. She was eastern European and sounded very bbbitchy and no fun.

Comment

I have been called a gold digger by a co worker who's boyfriend who has a felony and whos last job was working part time for Kirby. Which he was fired from and is now unemployed.

They just can't help themselves so beginning conversations will be about what you door drive instead of getting to know you.
      You won't need to worry about them asking for a commitment because they'll have a few other men on the hook.They have nice things but don't work or only work part time...

When my bf told me he was a CEO my question wasn't "Wow, how much does that pay?!" but I asked how many hours did he work. Of course he lied. When he found out my my exs he told me I should date "up" because in his opinion I had been dating down.

Everyone is quick to call a women a gold digger but is part of it just having a basic standard for who you date?
      Last edited by CEOGF; 04-27-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

It's very easy if you're observant. I can pick up on liars almost immediately. Do their stories change? Do things just not add up? Do they disappear for no apparent reason or only at certain times? (this one means they have another major or minor relationship) One certain woman lied to me about everything and I NEVER caught it, she was rare and what I call a professional liar, wanted to marry that one, thank goodness it all came to a head before I proposed! LOL! Gold diggers never offer to pay, crank up their interest level when they see you dress nice or drive a nice car, have some expensive things but can't really explain how they acquired them and so forth.

CEOGF.....it's not bad at all to have standards BUT when women OR men want you to support them, that is when they become gold diggers. If they can't earn what they spend...........look out!

Comment

I agree flyinguy71

I'm just being nosy but I want to hear about this women you almost married? How long did you date her and how did you end up finding out that she was a pro liar?

Comment

Originally posted by CEOGF View Post
            I agree flyinguy71

I'm just being nosy but I want to hear about this women you almost married? How long did you date her and how did you end up finding out that she was a pro liar?
            Well we dated about 8 months, she was smart, very mature for only being 25, beautiful, we even talked about getting married, and we agreed on everything from food to raising kids.(even though I don't have any) Then she just fell off the face of the earth. At this point I knew something was up and even showed up at her job to ask her about it, then about 3 months later my ex-wife saw her name in the legal news and couldn't wait to tell me she had marrried someone else!!!!! Turns out she was seeing this guy while she was seeing me, she lied about so many things but was so good at it that I never caught on, maybe love is blind, LOL! BTW.........her marriage only lasted 2 months then she told me she wanted another chance, YEAH RIGHT!

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinguy71 View Post
              Well we dated about 8 months, she was smart, very mature for only being 25, beautiful, we even talked about getting married, and we agreed on everything from food to raising kids.(even though I don't have any) Then she just fell off the face of the earth. At this point I knew something was up and even showed up at her job to ask her about it, then about 3 months later my ex-wife saw her name in the legal news and couldn't wait to tell me she had marrried someone else!!!!! Turns out she was seeing this guy while she was seeing me, she lied about so many things but was so good at it that I never caught on, maybe love is blind, LOL! BTW.........her marriage only lasted 2 months then she told me she wanted another chance, YEAH RIGHT!

That is crazy! I can't believe she would have the nerve to ask for another chance! How often did you see her? Do you know why she got a divorce?

Comment

Everyone is quick to call a women a gold digger but is part of it just having a basic standard for who you date?
                I agree... to the degree that the woman finds successful men more attractive, more appealing, more interesting to be with rather than someone who can take care of them.

Congratulations to you for escaping the 'dating downscale syndrome'. I have noticed a few dates that seem to be more comfortable dating 'down'. Maybe it's a comfort zone thing or reflective of insecurities.

Two of my active dates may be upscale in financial and career terms (second homes, likely higher income, ...) and it's a new - and welcome - experience for me. DATE "UP" should be one of our mantras here
                Last edited by mbxdad; 04-28-2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Its probably harder to spot a gold digger now days because, of the information age we live in. I would think an adept social climber would Goggle whom ever they were interested in prior to a first date to make sure they fit there basic requirement for wealth. So just because they don't ask alot about ur finances doesn't mean they don't already know or have a good idea.

Comment

Congratulations on dating a 25 year old for 8 months! I am sure you had a great time if you even talked about getting married!.

I dated a couple of big time liars but looking back they were so much fun!

Comment

That IS VERY crazy, I agree! I saw her about twice a week or so, she says they got a divorce because she found out he was a heavy drinker but I heard she was screwing around on him, who knows, and much more importantly, WHO CARES? LOL! At the risk of sounding cocky, she pissed away the love of her life, I'm over her but it took a long time.

Comment

Well I'm glad you got over it...I know I would of been devastated.

Comment

Well I'm glad you got over it...I know I would of been devastated.
                          Yeah, for the first time in my life I had lost hope in humanity as a whole, but reflecting now I think I'm a better person for it.

Comment

Originally posted by kjmudd View Post
                            Congratulations on dating a 25 year old for 8 months! I am sure you had a great time if you even talked about getting married!.

I dated a couple of big time liars but looking back they were so much fun!
                            Well.....I HATED the lying.
                            Last edited by flyinguy71; 04-29-2011, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Well.....I HATED the lying BUT the passion was awesome and the sex was like a cross between a good adult movie and a WWF wrestling match!!!!!!!!
                              BINGO! You will forget about the lying entirely one day but not the other stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X