Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Your Relationship Doomed if You Have an Abortion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Your Relationship Doomed if You Have an Abortion?

One of my friends asserted this past Friday night that if you are in a relationship with someone, and the woman has an abortion - then sooner or later the stress of that abortion will cause the relationship to fail. Is that true???

I've never thought about this, nor have I ever been in a relationship when a decision was made to abort.

The idea seems somewhat logical but I have zero data points to reference - as only one of my friends had that happen (way back when in our 20s).

Any thoughts???

I've seen relationships fail after an abortion, and I've also seen some last for the duration. Like most things, it really depends upon the dynamics between the couple, and I suspect, the reason for choosing abortion as an option.

Comment

Since I got snipped after #4 arrived happy and healthy (she is now 11), not something I have an opinion on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefeather View Post
        I've seen relationships fail after an abortion, and I've also seen some last for the duration. Like most things, it really depends upon the dynamics between the couple, and I suspect, the reason for choosing abortion as an option.
        I believe the reason for any abortion is - the couple does not want to have a child???

Many years ago, one of my good friends was in a multi-year, fairly tumultuous relationship with a woman - and she became pregnant (by accident, of course). They decided mutually to abort the baby - and my friend seemed to go through a lot of mental trauma in the ensuing months. He knew that woman would have been a psychotic nightmare to deal with as an ex - and I think I agree with him on that part. Anyway, that relationship did not last more than several months after she had the abortion. The abortion seemed to put a lot of additional strain on that relationship - which was strained to begin with. Oh - and I should say that my friend was pretty much a head case even before any of that happened.

Comment

I know of more relationships where the stress of having the kid tore the relationship apart.
          http://captainnomarriage.com/

Comment

Another angle to this could be - if one person in the relationship asserts they favor aborting the pregnancy, that stress alone could end the relationship ... regardless of whether the abortion is performed or not.

Comment

Working...
            X