Teen Girl's Boyfriend Pawing at Her

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teen Girl's Boyfriend Pawing at Her

As I mentioned in a different post, I was at the wedding of a family member of the Klingon Latina girlfriend this past weekend. I'd met one of the young teen girls in the family at a different gathering previously - she is age 16, and way better-looking than average. Her mom is the sister of the Klingon Latina's brother-in-law, and her dad is not involved (and not at the wedding).

So the 17-year old boyfriend of the teen girl was there, and was touching and kissing on the young teen pretty much the whole night. I noticed this early on, and mentioned to my Klingon Latina that if I were her dad, that there would be holy hell to pay by that young man ... but the young teen's mom never said or did anything.

Now a different brother-in-law of my Klingon Latina girlfriend noticed the exact same thing that I did, and had even more harsh words for that young man ... not to his face, but he mentioned to his wife (the Klingon Latina's sister) that he would kill that young man, if the young girl were his daughter.

My opinion is that the mom of the young girl should never have allowed any of that to happen ... and that it is likely she is trying to be a "cool mom" to the young girl, as I've seen that happen before in my own past with a particular woman I dated maybe 15 years ago.

Obviously, if you get right down to it - none of any of this is anyone's business but the mom's and the teen girl's ... and I know that.

Here are the questions - what is your opinion of the teen boyfriend being allowed to paw and kiss on the 16 year old teen girl at the wedding reception??? If you were her dad, what would you do? What's your take on her mom - why would she allow that type of behavior (especially in public)???

There's a line in a Turnpike Troubadour's song call the Bird Hunters. It goes "If you had married that girl, you would have married her family. You dodged a bullet my friend." Speaking from very painful experience, stay the fuck out of their business. T'is the road to perdition. You will never be blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnguy View Post
      There's a line in a Turnpike Troubadour's song call the Bird Hunters. It goes "If you had married that girl, you would have married her family. You dodged a bullet my friend." Speaking from very painful experience, stay the fuck out of their business. T'is the road to perdition. You will never be blood.
      I think you missed the question which was - what would YOU DO if you were this young teen's dad? Would you allow it to happen? Or what would you do? [Not what would I (a third party person) do.] Also - why do you think her mom allowed it to happen???

Comment

My bad.....re-read post. If I were this kid's dad and I witnessed this, I would have pulled him aside at the time and explained that there was a proper time and place for pawing and a wedding wasn't included on that list. If he didn't chill then I would have told him to leave...with him if need be. In my opinion however, if the kid is exhibiting bad behavior like this in a public setting then his daddy didn't teach him right. About the girl.....she's just as culpable and if she cannot set clear boundaries, then her momma and daddy didn't teach her right. If you wanna paw then paw in private.

Comment

As always:

Only offering my opinion.
          Not meaning to offend anyone.

Now, in regards to this issue, the way I read it is:

1. You're a guest at a Wedding (i.e. you're not paying for the Wedding).
          2. A male and female teenage "couple" are present, where you're not related to either of them.
          3. The male teenager is "pawing" the female teenager, of which you're none too pleased.
          4. Whilst you're none too pleased, the above shenanigans is seemingly consensual amongst both teenagers.
          5. At least one the parents (Mom) of the teenage girl (recipient of aforementioned attention) is present....and aware of the going's on....and is not objecting in any way.

Just needed to establish the issues at hand, without fear or favour. Now before I get into any further detail, this bit here....

Originally posted by gregory View Post
          Klingon Latina
          While not directly related to the issue at hand....the reference above? Pure 24ct Gold....love it . Assuming the same "Latina" as mentioned here? -

http://www.midlifebachelor.com/forum...-her#post88603

Anyway, back to the issue of the teenage couple. Now, if I was the teenage girl's father, I dare say I'd be somewhat angry and indignant. Now herein lies somewhat of a quandary. While I most certainly would be angry and indignant, and while I most certainly would not be giving the teenage lad a nudge, a wink, and a thumbs up, I'd have to pragmatic about it. How so?

I'd say that upwards of 99% of readers would remember of various instances, back in the day (when they were teenagers themselves), where they were involved in an assortment of excited, heart-pounding "amorous interludes"....behind the school toilets/shed, in/near the disco, outside the rock concert (etc.), where those "amorous interludes" were not altogether different from the aforementioned shenanigans at the Wedding. The only difference being, the teenage couple attending the Wedding opted to carry on out in plain view, not hidden away somewhere. While I'd not be actively encouraging this sorta carry on....provided the daughter was not opposed to it in any way, I'd have to begrudgingly accept it as a part of growing up....going through the teens. But what would seriously earn my ire was the fact that they chose to carry on out in public, least of all at a Wedding. Really poor form - incredibly so. I'd be a lot angrier at the "when/where", more so than the "what". If they're going to carry on like that, they could at least show a bit of respect for those around them and pick a time and place, where a Wedding ain't it. At least that's how I see it.

Some people are of the train of thought:

"Thou shalt not!!!"

in regards to any-and-all teenage fumblings, but they're backing a dead horse. Lost the race before it even started. Trying to get water to flow uphill. Still, many people view it as:

"But hang on! It was okay for us....but it's not okay for teenagers today! Well, no, our parents still didn't think it was okay for us, but we did it anyway! But we just cannot let our kids get away with this Heresy!"

No offence meant to anyone, but this is one of the purest forms of Hypocrisy. Boiling it all down to bare bones, some parents are expecting (demanding) that their kids reach adulthood as Virgins, having never been involved in any "amorous fumblings", but I've got some awfully, awfully said news for them....

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnguy View Post
            ....there was a proper time and place for pawing and a wedding wasn't included on that list.....If you wanna paw then paw in private.
            The bits that I've quoted above pretty much nail down the issue for me.

Comment

Working...
            X