Romantic Love in Midlife Dating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romantic Love in Midlife Dating

Being one who is drawn to beauty whether it be in art, music, design, whatever, and especially beautiful women I can admit to having been addicted somewhat, from time to time, to becoming infatuated or falling in love. Be that as it may I have real questions as to whether or not 2 way romantic love can ever be a realistic expectation while dating at midlife, and seemingly any age these days. I rarely hear of relationships anymore where both parties have the same or near same level of romantic feelings or affection, and the ones that seem to have it become more of activitiy partners or companions as time goes on. Not to say that is a bad thing at all. Anyways maybe my current life situation of mainly working and buidling a business together with my dating experience has left me questioning whether the notion of romantic love is real or just a wild ride we go on every now and then, like going to Six Flags Magic Mountain and riding the scary roller coasters until you vomit a few times per year. A real thrill until you overdo it then blech.

Anyways what do you people think?

I personally would feel very thankful if I was in a relationship with someone who was as crazy about me as I would be of them and have it last.

The chances of that happening I think are slim to none and with the clock ticking I am generally content with going out with 2-3 insane or just fun Latinas for dancing or dinner w/ hotel sex afterward, for now until i can improve my financial status and fill the parking lot with younger models, but I digress.

First of all, I agree with your last sentence about filling your parking lot with young models ... that is an excellent idea!!! Where do you find these young models??? ha ha

Oh wait - you said "younger models", not "young models" ... but I read it my way the first time. ha ha

The last Klingon Latina girlfriend was madly in love with me - but I was not really that interested in her. I tried to shake things up by having her wear black lipstick and makeup ... and the entertainment factor rose for a short while ... but then, well, nothing.

With this current blonde bombshell girlfriend (name for her is TBD), I told her that the difference between her and my Klingon Ex was: with the Klingon Ex, I was always watching the clock for when it was time for her to leave. With the blonde bombshell, I do NOT want her to leave. Let's hope I don't turn into a Klingon myself. ha ha

So I guess I am saying that your assertion is correct - one person is always more "into" the other person. And that's a recipe for disaster in the long-term ... therefore I have decided only to focus on, say, the next 30 minutes with each woman. That seems solid, right?

Comment

Originally posted by gregory View Post
      First of all, I agree with your last sentence about filling your parking lot with young models ... that is an excellent idea!!! Where do you find these young models??? ha ha

Oh wait - you said "younger models", not "young models" ... but I read it my way the first time. ha ha

The last Klingon Latina girlfriend was madly in love with me - but I was not really that interested in her. I tried to shake things up by having her wear black lipstick and makeup ... and the entertainment factor rose for a short while ... but then, well, nothing.

With this current blonde bombshell girlfriend (name for her is TBD), I told her that the difference between her and my Klingon Ex was: with the Klingon Ex, I was always watching the clock for when it was time for her to leave. With the blonde bombshell, I do NOT want her to leave. Let's hope I don't turn into a Klingon myself. ha ha

So I guess I am saying that your assertion is correct - one person is always more "into" the other person. And that's a recipe for disaster in the long-term ... therefore I have decided only to focus on, say, the next 30 minutes with each woman. That seems solid, right?
      Yes it does!

I would add to not focus on or think about any minutes of that happened in the past with each woman. The next 30 minutes,....you can think of it as a mystery or impossible to solve puzzle where you could end up having sex. You would then be ready for anything.

There are no young models here that I am aware of Greg. One of my Latina friends who likes for me to take her out to a hotel every now and then for sex and free breakfast haha, has a boyfriend who is in his late 20s....she is mid forties and has children about the same age, so I think it is probably much easier for attractive woman to get a younger model sometimes.

I like your short term outlook Greg. Even if you have a steady girlfriend you can consider it to be like a lease that you can renew, or not, every 30 minutes. Next time I go out i think ill set my alarm on phone every 30 minutes to go off to make sure I reset my perspective.

Greg you are a very smart man!

Comment

I have noticed the phenom that one likes the other way more- or that has been my midlife dating experience. I DO want a long term romance, life partner in crime, however when I found myself enjoying being interested in a man who said 6-12 months for even a hint of relationship material I realized I am scared pantless of becoming overinvested in a serious rela too soon as well! What's the bridge there?

i guess the best I can do is enjoy dating and be on the lookout for a high quality (but not perfect) man. Anyhow, I find myself doing a whack-a-mole almost weekly to subdue my old insecurities.

my current Interest said he thinks it takes a while 6-12
        months to get a picture of how someone handles life conundrums- he needs someone who can be reliable and not flip on him lol or his alcoholic ex

Comment

Originally posted by A OK View Post
          I have noticed the phenom that one likes the other way more- or that has been my midlife dating experience. I DO want a long term romance, life partner in crime, however when I found myself enjoying being interested in a man who said 6-12 months for even a hint of relationship material I realized I am scared pantless of becoming overinvested in a serious rela too soon as well! What's the bridge there?

i guess the best I can do is enjoy dating and be on the lookout for a high quality (but not perfect) man. Anyhow, I find myself doing a whack-a-mole almost weekly to subdue my old insecurities.

my current Interest said he thinks it takes a while 6-12
          months to get a picture of how someone handles life conundrums- he needs someone who can be reliable and not flip on him lol or his alcoholic ex
          A-OK I find myself not so much scared but with limited time and resources sticking with the devil I know. I am looking at outsourcing my business on the accounting/financial side to the point where my take home will be not so much but I can maybe add more accounts and have of a life with the extra time I should have. Perhaps if/when that happens my perspective will change.

As for now in order to survive in the dating world I almost have to force myself to employ instant selective amnesia, where anything that happens in the past has to be totally put out of mind, but still dealing with whatever may happen in the present honestly no matter what the consequence.

When I have more time I can share about my current dating drama and how I dealt with and am dealing with it.

In general I believe a lot of men and woman walk on eggshells, myself included at times, when they should be nailing things head on as they occur and with some finesse whenever possible.

Will get back to this.

Comment

Working...
          X