HomeNewsMidlife Dating AdviceShort Midlife ArticlesAsk Midlife BachelorYour Midlife CrisisMidlife Health ChallengesMidlife Bachelor PollsMidlife Bachelor Discussion ForumsContact Midlife Bachelor
Woman of the Month

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown off??

Hybrid View

Default Blown off??

Exchanged a few messages back and forth with a woman from an online dating site. Advanced to the point of exchanging numbers. Talked a bunch and traded a lot of texts (seriously I looked at my phone records and we had talked for over 1 1/2 hours and traded 100 txts I was honestly surprised) over 4-5 days.

Night before we were supposed to meet up she sent me a txt saying her kiddo was sick, tomorrow wouldn't work, and she would call when she got a chance.

Three days later haven't heard from her. So officially blown off? Cold feet at the last minute? kid has the plague?

-EZ

Prolly a fake profile, or her pics are 10 years and a 100 pounds ago... Possibly married too? Kick her to the curb and move along.

Vienna is offline Top Female Midlifebachelor.com Contributor & Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by WhyZeeGuy View Post
    Prolly a fake profile, or her pics are 10 years and a 100 pounds ago... Possibly married too? Kick her to the curb and move along.
    Yuuuup

Next time do a video chat ASAP, if they decline something is wrong.

*sigh* that's just depressing.

I find it's very common with the on-line dating sites, chicks just getting kudos cause they don't get any in real life. Make it clear in you profile you're not interested in endless email exchanges and hours of talk time. I'll talk to a woman on the phone two or three times then it's time for a face to face. If that's a problem then they're not serious or something is wrong...

A friend of mine decided to try online dating. Exactly as you described, she emailed/texted him and he seemed nice. But there's been a lot of coverage around here of a guy who brutally murdered a little girl and a couple of days later was on PoF, dating 9 women at the same time.
    She read the stories and realized she had no idea who this guy might really be, gave a lame excuse for not meeting the next night, and deleted her profile.

This same thing has happened to me 2 or 3 times- no emails- no texts, phone no longer active- Is this all just a game to some ?

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    A friend of mine decided to try online dating. Exactly as you described, she emailed/texted him and he seemed nice. But there's been a lot of coverage around here of a guy who brutally murdered a little girl and a couple of days later was on PoF, dating 9 women at the same time.
    She read the stories and realized she had no idea who this guy might really be, gave a lame excuse for not meeting the next night, and deleted her profile.
    Hell that story scares me!

More likely a window shopper looking for the bigger better deal. Most online daters exchange messages with more than one person at a time. There are some constantly looking for the BBD and will blow others off. It's my guess these are the people that spend years on online dating sites. The silent treatment blows. Those people need to grow up.

Got this message from her this evening...

I wanted to take a second to message you because I feel it's the right thing to do as I feel we really hit it off. I actually met up with someone from match and we began dating. I'm a bit old fashioned and will only date one guy at a time...I feel it's the only way to see if you're compatible. I truely enjoyed talking to you and I hope you can understand I wish you great success in finding someone who's as good as you deserve. You are a great guy and a terrific dad! I hope you find a zombie run partner

Best of luck,