HomeNewsMidlife Dating AdviceShort Midlife ArticlesAsk Midlife BachelorYour Midlife CrisisMidlife Health ChallengesMidlife Bachelor PollsMidlife Bachelor Discussion ForumsContact Midlife Bachelor
Woman of the Month

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blown off??

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Not sure what you're asking? My husband was ill for quite a few years before he passed away. A year later, I was dating again, but I did wait a year. I've heard men tend to date again faster than the women do. Everyone grieves differently so I don't think there's a rule of thumb as to dating again when you're a widow. But, there is a big difference when dating a widow. She won't be as jaded, if that is the right word; she didn't find her husband cheating or any of the terrible other ways marriage can end.
    One red flag would be if she only talks about her late husband--and possibly if you're the first she's dated after his death.
    Just that I don't have any experience dating someone who has lost their partner. I don't know what to expect or what to watch out for. I know she has gone out on dates with others, but it doesn't sound like she has had a relationship. I know everyone processes grief differently and her situation where her husband had a long illness is worlds different than if he died suddenly and unexpectedly.

She sounds as if she is in a good place emotionally, but I just wanted to get exactly what you all are giving me, insight from those who have returned to dating after loosing a partner.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with me. I really appreciate it.

-EZ

SamtheDog is offline Midlife Bachelor Hall of Famer & Resident Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by EverythingZen View Post
    Got this message from her this evening...

I wanted to take a second to message you because I feel it's the right thing to do as I feel we really hit it off. I actually met up with someone from match and we began dating. I'm a bit old fashioned and will only date one guy at a time...I feel it's the only way to see if you're compatible. I truely enjoyed talking to you and I hope you can understand I wish you great success in finding someone who's as good as you deserve. You are a great guy and a terrific dad! I hope you find a zombie run partner

Best of luck,
    TRANSLATION...I have been banging this guy for a few weeks and wasnt sure, so I strung you along for a bit....anyway, after he uses me for sex , I will give you a call, but more than likely, even if we go out? ill probably end up at his place later with the leftovers from the dinner you bought me.
    SamTheDog

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheDog View Post
    TRANSLATION...I have been banging this guy for a few weeks and wasnt sure, so I strung you along for a bit....anyway, after he uses me for sex , I will give you a call, but more than likely, even if we go out? ill probably end up at his place later with the leftovers from the dinner you bought me.
    Possible that is what is happening. That's why I don't buy dinner.

SamtheDog is offline Midlife Bachelor Hall of Famer & Resident Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by EverythingZen View Post
    Possible that is what is happening. That's why I don't buy dinner.
    me neither...I call and say "hey what time are you having dinner tonite ?, oh around 730 ? great, ill meet ya at XYZ at 930 for drinks"...great way to avoid the whole 'Dinner Whore' game.
    SamTheDog

kjmudd is offline Midlife Bachelor Hall of Fame Award Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheDog View Post
    me neither...I call and say "hey what time are you having dinner tonite ?, oh around 730 ? great, ill meet ya at XYZ at 930 for drinks"...great way to avoid the whole 'Dinner Whore' game.
    That's good.

There are definitely women that are dinner whores.

My younger brother is single and makes the mistake of paying for dinner after dinner. He is still newly divorced so will eventually learn.

Quote Originally Posted by kjmudd View Post
    That's good.

There are definitely women that are dinner whores.

My younger brother is single and makes the mistake of paying for dinner after dinner. He is still newly divorced so will eventually learn.
    Show your brother this article: http://www.businessinsider.com/confe...tchcom-2011-11