HomeNewsMidlife Dating AdviceShort Midlife ArticlesAsk Midlife BachelorYour Midlife CrisisMidlife Health ChallengesMidlife Bachelor PollsMidlife Bachelor Discussion ForumsContact Midlife Bachelor
Woman of the Month

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    animalcontrol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
    Let's not forget that this guy is acting this way because she is letting him and she chooses to go back to him despite past experience. There is a lot of bad behavior and no victims.
    X2
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by workinprogress View Post
    Stop all contact....who cares if he has respect for you ....I think in situations like this, we loose our own self respect. We want them to be something that they are not, and keep putting ourselves out there hoping they will do/act the way we have fantasized about it, and when they don't...we beat ourselves up.
    your even more vulnerable now to this. By continuing contact with him, your just boosting his ego.
    Just my nickels worth...
    Thanks, workinprogress (nice handle, by the way). Yes, I think I did lose a certain amount of self-respect by doing what I did. But I did it anyway because I was hoping he would turn out to be the man I wanted him to be, not the man he actually was. You gave me a very good nickel's worth!

It doesnt matter if he loved you or not, that is just like worrying that a size 5 shoe doesnt fit your size 7 foot. He is just not the guy for you. Put the energy you are using worring about this guy into finding the right guy for you.
    Amen to that! Thanks, Vienna. I'm off to find my "size 7"! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsc View Post
    karine- if you read my Saga- you can give them all the chances in the world. Nothing will change- The pysho keeps texting me and tells me she loves me- yeah right.

Anyway I know it is hard, but stop all contact and find someone that can love and respcet you 100% of the time- someone like me.

haha- Btw I plan on finsihing my Saga tonight
    Shucks, Jim, I wish all the men out there were just like you. Yes, there will be no more contact from me, and if I EVER do that again, I'll be wearing my own tire treads. Thank you for responding. And I never had a chance to tell you, but I have been following your saga ... it's addictive reading!

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheDog View Post
    No comment...you wont like what I have to say anyway...
    And this stops you, why? LOL

Let's not forget that this guy is acting this way because she is letting him and she chooses to go back to him despite past experience. There is a lot of bad behavior and no victims.
    Absolutely true! We're both guilty of bad behavior (X2, as animalcontrol also mentioned). I'll get an "F" on that report card, but promise myself to get all "A's" from now on. Thanks again, Vienna. You guys all rock!

workinprogress Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Karine View Post
    Thanks, workinprogress (nice handle, by the way). Yes, I think I did lose a certain amount of self-respect by doing what I did. But I did it anyway because I was hoping he would turn out to be the man I wanted him to be, not the man he actually was. You gave me a very good nickel's worth!
    Glad it helped....sadly, I've been there, done that...oh...and more than one time...
    It was good for me to remember that though

Vienna is offline Top Female Midlifebachelor.com Contributor & Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by Karine View Post
    Absolutely true! We're both guilty of bad behavior (X2, as animalcontrol also mentioned). I'll get an "F" on that report card, but promise myself to get all "A's" from now on. Thanks again, Vienna. You guys all rock!
    When you figure out how to get all A's let me know. I am still trying to figure it out. Its great to see you are receptive to everyone's advice. Most people here will give you the truth and that can be difficult to come by but will get you moving in the direction you need to go.

V

A OK is offline Top Female Midlifebachelor.com Contributor & Goddess

Well I see I am behind as usual, but I was thinking that if this guy wanted 'a relationship' with you he would have done that long ago. Put him out on the curb

Quote Originally Posted by A OK View Post
    Well I see I am behind as usual, but I was thinking that if this guy wanted 'a relationship' with you he would have done that long ago. Put him out on the curb
    Thanks, A OK. I know. It's so obvious that he's no longer into me, but I guess I just wanted it to be the way it was. You can never go back... never, never, never... lol

I really appreciate all of the feedback here from you honest folks. That's why I joined!