HomeNewsMidlife Dating AdviceShort Midlife ArticlesAsk Midlife BachelorYour Midlife CrisisMidlife Health ChallengesMidlife Bachelor PollsMidlife Bachelor Discussion ForumsContact Midlife Bachelor
Woman of the Month

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    kjmudd is offline Midlife Bachelor Hall of Fame Award Recipient

Default Dating women over 50?

Hey I am getting some interest from some women who are 50, 51, 52 years old.

I'll be 47 later this year so I am no kid but I look and act a lot younger than my age. Some of these woman look to be in good shape etc. so I am considering going out with one or two.

Does anybody here have any experience in dating these older woman? Is there anything I should look for other than the obvious stuff? Thanks.

KJM

I've never dated anyone older than 46 ... so I think you are in unchartered territory, and will have to report back with your findings.

Now I'm nearly age 45 - and have been with the same girlfriend (age 41) for several years. If I were single, I do not think I'd necessarily discriminate against older women. Many women I dated prior to my current girlfriend were a few years older than me.

Any ideas on what you think you might expect? Grandchildren, dentures, lubricant? Or ??? ha ha Just kidding, ladies!!!

Well, after cougars have been so much in the news lately, I think you may be too old, KJM

http://www.dateacougar.com/

http://www.urbancougar.com/

http://www.askmen.com/dating/player_...ove_games.html

Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    Any ideas on what you think you might expect? Grandchildren, dentures, lubricant? Or ??? ha ha Just kidding, ladies!!!
    I expect there to be grandchildren for any woman over 30. Lubricants? bingo lol. You forgot osteoperousis and fibromyalga.

Was thinking more of menopausal psycho behavior.

Luce is probably right I am too young for these women ha ha. Anyways I am trying to run the gamut to see what is what.

After this I might try for stupid women in the 25-35 range if I decide to buy a motorcycle and stop washing my hair. I have great faith that the US public education system will soon supply me with a plethora of bimbos. ha ha.

KJM

Perimenopause ain't necessarily a bad thing if you don't have to live with it. Couple this with "empty nest syndrome" and the "I'm just tired of your dumb, fat ass" that sends 50-something men out on to the streets and to sites like this and what you have is a revigorated, re-sexualized, and responsive woman who wants to play. I mean play hard.

You might find yourself doing things that you've only seen on You****. Shoot, they might buy you things because they tend to have more money then their 25 year old daughters.

As a cautionary note though; Don't even get attached. Be playful. Be accomodating, but understand that a whole new world has opened up to them and you may only be a pleasant diversion.

Go fer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnguy View Post
    Perimenopause ain't necessarily a bad thing if you don't have to live with it. Couple this with "empty nest syndrome" and the "I'm just tired of your dumb, fat ass" that sends 50-something men out on to the streets and to sites like this and what you have is a revigorated, re-sexualized, and responsive woman who wants to play. I mean play hard.

You might find yourself doing things that you've only seen on You****. Shoot, they might buy you things because they tend to have more money then their 25 year old daughters.

As a cautionary note though; Don't even get attached. Be playful. Be accomodating, but understand that a whole new world has opened up to them and you may only be a pleasant diversion.

Go fer it.
    Worth repeating!

And welcome here

Thanks I will report my findings. Greg when does midlife officially end? I thought it would be in a fiery crash in a corvette....but I don't have any corvettes anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kjmudd View Post
    Thanks I will report my findings. Greg when does midlife officially end? I thought it would be in a fiery crash in a corvette....but I don't have any corvettes anymore.

Never mind end, when does it start?

I will forever be 29

Quote Originally Posted by kjmudd View Post
    ... Greg when does midlife officially end? I thought it would be in a fiery crash in a corvette....but I don't have any corvettes anymore.
    I used to think that "midlife" was between the ages of 35 and 50 ... but now I'm thinking it is more like 35 to 55. Or maybe (as Luce states), it begins at different times for differenet people ... and in that same spirit, perhaps it ends at different times for different people, too.

My neighbor is 57 ... been squarely in the middle of a highly visible midlife crisis for the past eight years or so ... and is now putting his Corvette up for sale. That sounds like a signal to me!

Default 47 can be tough...

I once dated a menopausal woman. I was very surprised because she was only 44. Sex wasn't the same, but it wasn't bad and the relationship was ok. Unlike most women during sex, she would sometimes forget while you're, say, touching her intimately and speak conversationally. The only way I knew she had come was her announcement of the fact --- I assume she did but that it was "very small." She didn't get wet and relied on lubricant. She had already started to atrophy and entry wasn't easy.

Yes, the sex wouold have been better if she were pre-menopausal --- I also saw pictures and she had quite a figure 10 years before. But, mostly, I admired her. She still liked men, thought of herself as just as attractive as pre-menopausal women. And she was very affectionate. Plus, we all age. No complaints.