Ten Year Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten Year Update

I had a brief email exchange with Greg and he suggesting that I post on the forum.......understand that I've been a member off and on for over 10 years. It's been nearly 3 years since the last wife decided to bag it and run off with her first ex-husband (BTW, the dating service I had used has been pestering me to re-activate since I quit it over a year ago and out of curiosity, I finally opened their email and voila!! There was my ex as a match!!!) I texted her and told her and let her know that her picture was "edgy". I guess her various boyfriends didn't work out.

In the interim, I broke a heart, had my heart broken, and just said to myself, "This is stupid", and enrolled in a wine making and vineyard management program that I'm nearly done with.

My band of 8 years blew up and I wound making two albums and I'm working on a third and this spurt of creativity has gotten me into numerous festivals and as an opener for touring "A" listers. I've done several West coast mini tours also but I just can't see doing that thing that I might have done in my 20's. I like my dog too much.

My investments have paid off and two retirements have kicked in. A third will begin in two years so money ain't a problem.

So in all of this excitement, I decided to buy a vineyard. Not a big one, but a vineyard that specializes in Grenache and Mourvedre grapes that are bought by a half dozen boutique wineries. I suppose I could planted marijuana but we still have bad guys with guns and the Federal government to worry about. So a vineyard, it is. It's a lot of work and you have to worry a lot about disease but it's certainly easier than owning a contracting company.

I've already bottled my first two vintages. A Sauvignon Blanc and a Tempranillo, Syrah, Pinot blend, but these came from somebody elses grapes. I want my own. The Sauv was rated a 92 (humble brag), but the red blend was a little weaker. Needs another year to fill out.

The funny thing is that I don't drink that much. I really don't and I prefer a really good single malt scotch over anything else.

So, there ya go and Greg, I certainly do still like women but something flipped in my head and they're just not that important anymore.
    Last edited by Lawnguy; 08-12-2017, 08:32 AM.

Sounds like you are doing very well. Congratulations!

Comment

Lawnguy - it sounds like you are finding your rightful place in the universe, and that everything is working out great for you!!! That is what I call SUCCESS, and I applaud it - absolutely. You are a man of many dimensions ... and MY GUESS is that as you begin to relax in your new reality that some woman will eventually show up, and ruin it via a relationship. ha ha Keep your guard up, Brother!!!

I hope to be where you are at - at some point in the future. I currently work huge hours, travel (for work), am gone roughly fifty percent of the time, and struggle to find time to do things I enjoy. I will say that the last three weeks or so I have been dating a brand-new 30-year old Armenian woman ... who is drama drama drama but who screws the living daylights out of me on a regular basis. I have never dated an Armenian woman before - so I don't know if they are all maniacs like this one is in the bedroom. But it is a data point that I collect nevertheless. Oh - and one nice thing about this younger lady is ... she has her own money ... she comes from money ... so I do not believe she is a gold-digger, or at least I have not seen any signs of it yet. We shall see.

Comment

Oh, Greg...you are funny!!!! It's been balls to the wall and will remain so until after the harvest and crush.....then I get to take a break. I barely have enough time to shower than to do anything else. Perhaps this Winter after all the pruning and amending is done. Perhaps a trip to Chile or Tasmania is in order?

Comment

Working...
        X