Now if instead you find yourself in the opposite predicament … where you are dating MORE THAN ONE person when Valentine’s Day rolls around, then maybe checkout this post in our Midlife Forum for some ideas: Need Valentine’s Day Advice (Dating 3 Women)
You also might consider using our Official midlifebachelor.com Online Dating Spreadsheet – to rank and keep track of all of the women you are dating. See the article here that explains it all – Spreadsheet Dating
The 2017 Official / Updated Midlifebachelor.com List of
What TO DO on Valentine’s Day When You Do Not Have a Date …
- Drink with your buddies at their house and talk about how you don’t really need a relationship right now.
Of course, if you are the only one of your friends without a date, then you’ll have to keep reading.
- Go to the gym.
Nothing is better for this kind of stress than working out. You should be working out regardless.
- Watch TV alone.
Sure – you can always watch TV alone at home … but this way no one else knows you don’t have a date!
- Visit an adult website.
If this is your strategy, then you probably don’t want to publicize it. ha ha
- Join an online dating service.
Maybe try to meet someone WEALTHY this time – see our midlifebachelor.com article, entitled, How to Meet a Wealthy Man or Woman Online for some good tips on how to do exactly that.
- Spend time with your family.
You should be spending time with your family regardless, but this is an especially great day to do it – if you don’t have a date.
- Having a “no couples allowed” party (also known as a “Loser’s Party”) might be fun. Or maybe not.
- Do whatever you would normally do any other day.
In other words, you can simply ignore the day!
- Realize that marriage is the number one cause of divorce
If you are not married, and don’t even have a date – then you certainly don’t have to worry about a divorce. And that’s a great thing. Marriage = MISERY … remember that! And if you don’t believe me then just ask anyone who is married. If they tell you differently then they are a LIAR!!! ha ha ha
- Recognize that by not having a girlfriend – that everyplace you go by yourself is HALF OFF the price … because you are only paying for yourself!
Since you are dateless, you are only paying for yourself … and that is at least fifty percent cheaper than if you had a date. You can even choose to go NOWHERE and spend NOTHING, if you wish! And you won’t wind up in the doghouse for being cheap either!
- There is a lot of good advice in the Midlife Dating Advice section of midlifebachelor.com. You might wish to pay close attention to section that discusses Strategy for Midlife Bachelor Success so that you do not find yourself in this same dateless situation next year! We also discuss a lot of dating-related issues in our Dating Forum – so you also might consider lurking or joining.
And here is the 2017 Official / Updated Midlifebachelor.com List of
What NOT to Do on Valentine’s Day when you don’t have a date …
- Do not call or email an ex to see how she’s doing.
Your ex doesn’t care about you, and she is probably busy doing someone else. Sorry!
- Do not go out to dinner alone on Valentine’s Day!
If you go out to dinner on V-day, all you will see is happy couples, and you may want to throw rocks at them! If you have to go out to eat, then get fast food via the drive-through.
- Do not go out on a first date with someone new.
I did this once years ago, and wow was that ever stupid – as it puts a lot of pressure on both parties to make the date into something it isn’t.
- Do not say anything negative to others you encounter during the day who have received flowers and/or gifts for Valentine’s Day.
If you do, then they may think you are a LOSER with no date! ha ha ;o)
- Do not let your neighbors see you washing your car or gardening or tooling around outside in the early evening on Valentine’s Day – again because they may think you are a LOSER with no damn date!
- Do not intentionally harm yourself if you are dateless on V-day!!
Sure – you don’t have date this year, but things will get better in the future, and you will eventually find yourself imprisoned in another relationship (ha ha) … so look forward to that time, and think about how much money you saved by not having a girlfriend this year!
Good luck – next year will be better! If you have any of your own suggestions on what to do or what not to do on Valentine’s Day when you don’t have a date, be sure to add them below in our COMMENTS section. Oh and if you DO wind up getting yourself a date for Valentine’s Day, and need some ideas on what to do, then please refer to our other article here.